Vibe will be restarting this Sunday coming (26th September). It is open to all young people of high school age. For the time being, we have made the decision to move to Sunday evenings instead of Wednesday evening. Between September and December we’re going to meet every other week and from the beginning of the New Year we hope to meet on three out of four Sundays. This is likely to be the first three Sundays in the month.
We believe that both meeting on a Sunday and more regularly will help us to disciple our young people and enable them to grow and develop in their faith. In terms of time, we’re going to meet from 8pm until 9.30pm – the same time we met on Wednesday evenings. It is our hope that once Covid restrictions ease our young people will be able to sit together at the evening service and then come to Vibe together.
Below are further details about where we’re meeting and what Vibe will look like with Covid restrictions in place.
- Our Sunday evening gatherings in the autumn / winter will take place in the main church hall. Social distancing, which is currently at 1 metre, will be in place. We’re planning to group young people in year groups but will maintain the 1m distance between different family groups.
- Hand sanitiser will be available when young people enter the church hall. Leaders will also wear face coverings unless they are speaking from the front. Current PCI guidance is that young people aged 13 and above should wear face coverings when entering, leaving and moving around church premises. Face coverings can be removed when seated socially distanced, however.
- We are planning to sing at Vibe but just like in church, we’re going to wear face coverings when we sing. Those leading the singing will be a safe distance away. We’re also going to make sure that the church hall is well ventilated.
- We plan to play socially distanced games that our young people will be familiar with.
- We will also make a list of all young people present at our gatherings for contact tracing purposes.
- We are planning to have some food at our first night and at future gatherings. We’ll make sure that this is carefully managed by using disposable plates and cups, having leaders serve food and drink when necessary among other measures.
- We realise that some of our young people already attend the evening service. Unfortunately we won’t be able to provide transport in personal vehicles from the meetinghouse to the church hall. We would ask that parents provide transport where possible. We would also ask that young people who drive do not provide lifts for other young people who are not immediate family members.
- A general consent form must be completed by parents before our first meeting. This will be shared in the Vibe Parent’s WhatsApp group.
We’re really excited about the changes we’ve made to Vibe. As well as changing the night on which we meet, we’ve also added some new leaders. Last year our programme was mainly online and we have missed interacting with our young people in person.
We would appreciate it if you could share all of this information with your young people so they know what to expect at Vibe. If you or they have any questions about anything mentioned above, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a Vibe leader.
We’re really looking forward to them coming back to Vibe or coming for the first time. We also can’t wait to tell them more about Jesus, our Saviour and King.
The Vibe Team