This week you will have received a letter detailing our plans for gathering again to worship the Lord. The main detail of the letter is below. You will also have received guidelines specific to our church family. You can view those here. You can also view a document that PCI has produced by clicking here.
Like many of you, I am excited about weekly services of worship restarting in Buckna. The words of Psalm 122 will resound in many of our hearts as we return to our buildings. It will be a joy for us to return to the house of God. Please pray that our gatherings would be safe and that the Lord would help, guide and bless our church family in the days ahead.
I look forward to seeing you at the beginning of September.
Yours in Christ,
As you will know, we held two epilogue services during the summer. These services provided us with the opportunity to finally meet together again as a church family. Crucially, they also helped us to get a sense of what social distancing measures will look like in our buildings.
In light of these epilogue services and current guidance from the Presbyterian Church in Ireland and the NI Executive, we plan to move forward in the following way:
- We are going to hold one service of worship on Sundays at 12pm from Sunday 6th September.
- This service will be held in the meetinghouse and will be live-streamed online and to the church hall.
- There will be no registration in September, although this is subject to change.
- Stewards will allocate seats as attendees arrive and once the meetinghouse is full, attendees will be asked to make their way to the church hall.
- Social distancing remains at two metres. With social distancing measures in place, the meetinghouse has a capacity of 70 and the church hall has a capacity of 60.
- The Presbyterian Church in Ireland has formally recommended and encourages the use of a face coverings at all services of worship.
It is important that you take some time to familiarise yourself with the guidance we have produced as a church family and also the guidance that has been produced by PCI.
The arrangements we have in place are new for us all but we want our gatherings to be as safe as possible. By doing things this way we are honouring the Lord and also loving our neighbour. Your help and cooperation would be greatly appreciated.
Please also be aware that these plans are subject to change and very much depend on directives from the NI Executive. If our plans change at short notice we will notify you through the church family WhatsApp group and social media. We would appreciate your patience and understanding in these uncertain days.
CD and DVD Distribution
We will continue to distribute CDs and DVDs on a weekly basis. If you currently receive either a CD or DVD but no longer require one we would appreciate it if you could let us know. Please phone myself or Richard Kidd (07851 048095) as soon as possible.
Wider Congregational Life
In addition to restarting a weekly service of worship, we also plan to hold weekly prayer meetings on Wednesday evenings in the church hall. More information will be provided about these before they begin.
Unfortunately it would appear that no organisations will be meeting in early Autumn. Kirk Session have not yet discussed this issue but plan to in the coming weeks. More information will be provided as soon as possible.