You will soon receive a letter detailing our plans for gathering again to worship the Lord. The main detail of the letter is below. You will also have received guidelines specific to our church family. You can view those here.
Like many of you, I am excited about weekly services of worship restarting in Buckna. Let me strongly encourage you to return to public worship. Hebrews 10:24-25 encourages the people of God to gather together in person for worship. Online worship is no substitute for meeting with other believers. The situation we find ourselves in regarding restrictions is not ideal but the precautions we are taking mean that we can meet safely and without fear.
It will be a joy for us to return to some kind of normality. Please pray that our gatherings would be safe and that the Lord would help, guide and bless our church family in the days ahead. I look forward to seeing you on Easter Sunday as we celebrate the resurrection of Saviour.
Yours in Christ,
Easter Sunday Restart
As you will know, the Presbyterian Church in Ireland is allowing congregations to resume in-person services of worship from Easter Sunday (4th April 2021). Our services from Easter Sunday will be similar to the services we held in the autumn.
Ahead of our return to public worship, let me remind you of our setup in Buckna which complies with guidance from PCI and the NI Executive.
- We will be holding one service of worship on Sundays at 12pm from Sunday 4th April 2021.
- This service will be held in the meetinghouse and will be live-streamed online and to the church hall. No registration is required.
- Stewards will allocate seats as attendees arrive and once the meetinghouse is full, attendees will be asked to make their way to the church hall.
- Social distancing remains at two metres. With social distancing measures in place, the meetinghouse has a capacity of 70 and the church hall has a capacity of 60. Hand sanitiser will be available upon entry and exit of both the meetinghouse and church hall.
- Face coverings are a legal requirement on entry and exit and during the entire service, except for those exempted and those leading from the front.
We have produced more specific guidance regarding the practicalities of worshipping again together. You will find that guidance enclosed with this letter. It is important that you take some time to familiarise yourself with this information.
The arrangements we have in place are new for us all but we want our gatherings to be as safe as possible. By doing things this way we are honouring the Lord and also loving our neighbour. Your help and cooperation would be greatly appreciated.
Please also be aware that these plans are subject to change and depend on directives from PCI and the NI Executive. If our plans change at short notice you will be notified through the church family WhatsApp group and social media. We would appreciate your patience and understanding in these uncertain days.
CD and DVD Distribution
We will continue to distribute CDs and DVDs on a weekly basis. If you currently receive either a CD or DVD but no longer require one we would appreciate it if you could let us know. Please phone myself or Richard Kidd (07851 048095) as soon as possible.
Wider Congregational Life
In addition to restarting a weekly service of worship, we also plan to resume our weekly in-person prayer meetings on Wednesday evenings in the church hall. More information will be provided about these before they begin.
Although most organisations would be finished for the season at this stage of the year, it would appear that no informal organisational gatherings will be possible initially. Kirk Session have not met since late 2020 and will discuss the matter at the next possible opportunity.