This Sunday marks our first Sunday back in our buildings since mid-March. Below are some points for prayer which you may find helpful to use before our service.
Before the Service
- Pray for stewards as they guide attendees to their seats.
- Pray for a sense of safety and calm as we gather in the buildings.
- Pray that we would make wise choices, especially regarding hand sanitiser and face coverings.
- Pray that our new 4G mast would provide a stable and consistent internet connection. Upload speeds have varied since it was installed. Pray that there would be no technical issues.
The Service Itself
- Pray that we would sense the Lord’s presence as we worship Him together as a church family.
- Pray that the Lord would be with the Praise Group as they lead us.
- Pray for boys and girls attending and watching. Pray that they would be engaged during the children’s address. Pray for parents with young children, that they would not worry or dread bringing their children to the service.
- Pray that we would have open and receptive hearts to God’s Word as we read it together and then hear it explained.
- Pray for those watching in the church hall and those watching online at home. Pray that they would feel included and part of the service.
- Pray that God would be glorified and the Lord Jesus exalted throughout our service.
After the Service
- Pray that we would have a smooth exit from the building.
- Pray that we would enjoy catching up with members of the church family we haven’t seen in a while. Pray that we would do so safely, maintaining a two metre social distance.
- Pray that attendees who follow Jesus would be changed and transformed. Pray for attendees who aren’t trusting in Christ, that they might come to follow Him for the first time.