We are excited to be able to tell you that we hope to recommence Boys’ Brigade in November. Things will have to be slightly different this year due to the ongoing pandemic but we are looking forward to meeting with the boys again and hopefully welcoming new members into our company.
Unfortunately the whole company won’t be able to meet on the same night due to the hall capacity and current guidelines. It is our plan that the Anchor boys and Company Section will meet on the first night and the Junior Section will meet the following week.
|1st November||6.30-7.45pm||Anchor Boys||8-9.30pm||Company Section|
|8th November||7.15-8.30pm||Junior Section|
|15th November||6.30-7.45pm||Anchor Boys||8-9.30pm||Company Section|
|22nd November||7.15-8.30pm||Junior Section|
|29th November||6.30-7.45pm||Anchor Boys||8-9.30pm||Company Section|
|6th December||7.15-8.30pm||Junior Section|
|13th December||6.30-7.45pm||Anchor Boys||8-9.30pm||Company Section|
|20th December||7.15-8.30pm||Junior Section|
There are a few changes we need to mention to help everyone stay safe at this time
- No uniform will be required
- Enter the hall by the front double doors and leave by the side door
- Younger boys will be escorted to the car at pick up time rather than parents congregating in the hall
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place
- Attendance will be recorded for contact tracing
- Face coverings should be worn by those aged 13 years and above (the younger boys in the Company Section may also wish to wear a face covering)
As far as possible, current social distancing as per PCI guidelines will be maintained however we recognise this may be difficult with the younger groups in our Company. For more information on current PCI guidelines please click here.
As a reminder, if a boy or someone they live with exhibits coronavirus symptoms:
- fever, particularly a high temperature (i.e. a temperature of 37.8 degrees or over);
- continuous cough; or
- loss of sense of taste or smell;
it is absolutely essential that they must not attend and should follow the Government’s guidance here.
A consent form is below and must be completed by all new and returning members by 26th October 2021.
The age groups and leaders of each section are:
|Anchor Boys (P1-4)||David Hunter||07749 966277|
|Junior Section (P5-7)||Stephen Davidson||07752 211649|
|Company Section (Year 8 and above)||David Woodburn||07876 052764|
We appreciate your understanding at this time and we are aware that plans may have to adapt as guidelines change. We would appreciate your continued prayers and thank you for your ongoing support. If you have any queries about the restart of Boys’ Brigade please do not hesitate to contact George Hamilton on 07718 947570.
Yours in Christ,
Leaders of Buckna Boys’ Brigade